The Lincoln Chamber Transportation & Public Works and Public Policy Committees jointly recommend the Lincoln Chamber Board should take up the following policy statements regarding near-term and long-term solutions on infrastructure financing issues and the Capital Improvement Program:
- Encourage City Council to reverse the trend of operating expenses for the Public Works and Utilities Department coming out of road funds;
- Support formation of an Advisory Council for Public Works;
- Support a certain percentage of the mill levy dedicated to street construction;
- Support having the portion of the wheel tax enacted specifically for new street construction dedicated for new street construction; and
- Support continued efforts to educate the public.
- Consider delaying the east leg transportation portion of the Antelope Valley;
- Pursue Streets Only General Obligation Bond; and
- Pursue 1 cent additional local option sales tax for infrastructure and economic development.
Unanimously Adopted by B.O.D. 5/18/06