One Day Without Shoes
Cornhusker Bank is excited to announce our 9th annual One Day Without Shoes event on Tuesday, April 9th, 2019 and shoe collection. We want you to be a part of this amazing experience this year and help make an impact on our Lincoln community! The 2018 One Day Without Shoes event was a great success in raising funds and collecting shoes for the People’s City Mission. Community involvement over the past years has helped us raise over $67,000 in donations and over 131,000 pairs of shoes for the Mission! Watch this video to see how you are helping to make an impact: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaavhI7qxto
Opportunities for partnership this year:
- Sign up to have a collection receptacle delivered to your organization for collection from April 1st through April 12th, 2019 or you can pick up your receptacle from the People’s City Mission Help Center starting March 1st. Please sign up through this link and select whether you would like your receptacle delivered or if you would like to pick it up: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OneDayWithoutShoes
2. Join us for a press conference and live radio remote at Cornhusker Bank on 8310 O St at 10:45 a.m. on Tuesday, April 9th, a walk at 11:00 a.m. from the Cornhusker Bank Center on 84th and O to the People’s City Mission Help Center on 68th and P to help raise awareness of the need for shoes in our community, and a free lunch. All partners in attendance on April 9th will be recognized at the press conference.
3. You and your team can go shoeless with us on April 9th to help raise awareness of this event and the importance of adequate footwear.
4. Drop off new or used footwear at any Cornhusker Bank or partner location.
5. Sell paper “feet”, for a donation, at your organization during the shoe drive. We can provide you with the paper feet to offer your staff/customers. You can determine how much you want to have individuals donate for the feet and display at your location. All donations for the “feet” will be given to the People’s City Mission at the end of the shoe drive.
Partnership Benefits: Attached is the “Thank you” ad which was placed in several publications including the Lincoln Journal Star, Lincoln Business Journal and Strictly Business, following the 2018 event. If you choose to have a donation receptacle in your organization, you will receive the following benefits:
*Listed as a “drop-off site” in our Lincoln Journal Star ads in the 2 weeks leading up to the event.
*Mentions on Cornhusker Bank social media – Share photos and videos with us of your shoe collections, why you collect shoes for this event, and what it means to you and your team. All posts will be shared on the Cornhusker Bank and People’s City Mission Facebook pages
*Inclusion in an email promotion to all Cornhusker Bank customers
*Presence on the Cornhusker Bank website - https://www.cornhuskerbank.com/Day-Without-Shoes.aspx
*Inclusion in a post event “Thank you” ad in the Lincoln Journal Star and Strictly Business magazines
The People’s City Mission will drop the shoe collection receptacles at your location(s) March 27th – March 29st and will pick them back up April 15th or 16th or you can pick up your receptacle from the Mission’s Help Center any time after March 1st. Sign up today to partner with us and collect shoes for the 2019 One Day Without Shoes: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OneDayWithoutShoes We are asking for your participation in advance, so we can be sure your name is listed in the ads and promotions. Please contact me if you have any questions.